Sunday, November 27, 2011

Ah....Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was really great this year.  There was alot to be thankful for this year.  Johnny, JJ and I got to spend some great quality time with both sides of the family.  We got to see all of the nieces and nephew.  I was also thankful that Johnny is doing so well through this first holiday season after surgery.  Also, I was thankful that I did not over eat but still got to enjoy some of my favorites at this time of year. 

Yes, low carb was not exactly the order of business for me, but I did not go completely crazy as in years pass.  In years pass, I would have ate to I felt like I was going to bust.  Then in a couple of hours, eat again.  I tried hard to watch portion control this year and skipped certain things.  Example - since I knew I had to have some of my dad's dressing (it is not the holidays without dad's dressing), I skipped the mashed potatoes at dinner.  Honestly, I really did not even miss the potatoes.  It is still a learning process most days, but I am trying.

One thing has occurred since my last post, I did have to put JJ on a hiatus with the weight management program.  However, the hiatus had to be placed not because of wrestling practice but because JJ broke his foot.  UGH!!  I guess the ironic thing is that actually wrestling is what did put him out because he broke his foot in wrestling practice.  Luckily, it did not have to be put in a cast, he got rid of the crutches after seeing the orthopedic doctor, and he only has to wear a walking shoe until we got back to the doctor on December 19th.  Dr. Scott states that after the 19th, he should be fine to go back to everything.  I am thinking though I think wrestling is still over for the season.  I just don't want to take anymore chances.

As for me, it is back to the gym three days this week and then I have to weigh in on Wednesday.  Hopefully, I am going to see good things on those scales.  I worked out on Tuesday and Wednesday and was really upset when I found out I could not go back until Monday.  I NEVER thought I would ever speak these words but I miss working out.  LOL!!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment