Wednesday, November 2, 2011

1.5 pounds until....

I will be under 250 pounds for the first time in over 10 years.  Yes, you read that right - TEN YEARS!!!  That is a lot of years of being completely unhappy with myself.  That is a lot of years trying to hide the bulges and ugly fat.  Yes, I still have a long way to go until I met my goal of 180 (or lower).  However, I can do this!  And do you know why I say that?  Because I have some of the most amazing friends a girl could ever ask for that are very encouraging!  Saying that, I want to say something to two very special people. 

Donna C., I just want to say THANK YOU!!  Your words of encouragement are a bigger help than you know.  On days I feel the most discouraged, you always say something that lift my spirits and make me want to push on.  I have always thought of you as the older sister that I never had and I just wanted to say thank you and I love you!

Laura C., Sweetie I don't know what I would have done without you thus far.  You have been there for me when I have had question after question concering everything going on with Johnny.  You even lent an ear so I could vent the day of his surgery when I know you were busy with your own family.  You have been a true blessing and I love you very much! 

Well, since the last time I wrote, alot has been going on.  Yikes, has it ever been crazy around here.  On Thursday (Oct. 27), as I was walking out of my office, my right knee gave and it has been hurting like you know what since then.  I have had trouble with this knee FOREVER.  I went to Dr. Tao (orthopedic doctor in Huntington) yesterday.  *Side note - A special THANK YOU to Rick S. for referring Dr. Tao to us.*  Sadly, I did not get the news I was hoping to hear.  We are currently going forth like I have a torn medial menscius.  I am scheduled to have a MRI on November 4th (this Friday at 8:15 PM - yes, I said PM - geesh!).  I will then return to see him again on November 10th to find out the results.  I am praying that this is just a stretched ligament and not a tear.  Honestly, I can not afford to be off any more work.  I will be missing two days on this check alone because of this stupid knee.  However, whatever must be done will have to be done because this pain is horrible.  Through all of this though, there is a bright spot.

Thankfully Dr. Tao cleared me (with some limitations) to begin the weight loss program yesterday.  JJ and I went to our initial assessment and initial workout yesterday.  It is a good feeling to know that we have FINALLY began this program.  It is also a good feeling to see how JJ is responding to this already.  Yesterday, I was going to leave after the assessment because my knee was killing me from being poked on by Dr. Tao.  However, JJ was like "No, I want to stay and workout."  So, we stayed and I felt great afterwards.  Then today, I really just wanted to come home and sit down.  However, there is my son dressed and ready to go.  I thought I was doing this with him to keep him motivated.  However, I think it is JJ that is going to keep my motivated.

Now, for the segment everyone loves, the Johnny update -- LOL!!!

Johnny is doing very well.  He goes back to see Dr. Rossi on Monday and should be released to return to work on Tuesday.  I am not for sure how much he has lost since the last time he was at the office, but I know it has been a significant amount.  He got sick on me for the first time a couple of Sundays ago.  Luckily he did not vomit but he became as white as ghost.  We decided it was from the Honey BBQ sauce he ate.  He had ate BBQ sauce since surgery, but it was regular.  I honestly believe it was the sugar in the Honey BBQ that got him.  Thankfully, no further episodes and he has been tolerating food very well.

Here are some new pics of my handsome man and some progress pics of both of us.  Enjoy!

Come along for the ride.  The adventure sometimes hurts but is worth it in the end.....


Last week (10/25/11)

This week (11/02/11) - His clothes are so BIG on him!

Looking a little better
This was Johnny on New Year's Eve 2011
This was Johnny at the Halloween Party 2011
The difference is amazing!
Doesn't he look AMAZING?  I am so proud of him!!

3 comments:

  1. Is Johnny wearing the same shirt in the New Year's pic and Halloween pic? You can tell in his face how much he has lost, but seeing how baggy that same shirt is on him is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is the same shirt Beth. It was funny, when I took the picture and showed one of my friends, she immediately pulled up a pic with him in the same shirt. We were all like "WOW". You can tell it in his features; however, when he puts on clothes that I know you use to be just a little snug and they are know practically falling off, it is hard to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete