Friday, August 24, 2012

Confessions of a Football Mom

Yes, I am a football mom!  No, not a soccer mom!
A FOOTBALL MOM!!  And I am proud of it
EVERY MINUTE!!

Please don't get me wrong, I love cheering my son
on in any sports he participates in.  However, football
will always have my heart!

I think it all comes down to the fact I love the sound of the pads hitting,
the lights shining down on a Friday night, and playing in the band
all those years (yes, I am a band geek but that is another story).

On this morning of JJ's very first HIGH SCHOOL game, I wanted to
focus on my favorite football player of all time -
MY WONDERFUL SON
JJ JOHNSON!!

Except for the 2008 season of football,
JJ has played every year since 2004.
Y'all, that is a lot of washing dirty uniforms.
That is a lot of sitting in the sun, rain and freezing cold.
That is a lot of sitting on rock hard benches.
That is a lot of sore throats the next day from yelling for your favorite player!
And you know what, I would not change it for the world!

So, here is to my favorite football player -
#77 JJ JOHNSON

LET'S GO WARRIORS!!!

First game as Riverside Warrior!

JJ's first year of football - 6 yrs old

The Campbell Creek Cougars Years!
2004
2005
2006
2007

The DuPont Panthers Years!
2009
2010
2011


2 comments:

  1. Good luck tonight JJ. -Peggy Bebb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss football games so much! We have no one around here to cheer for. May just have to pack up and come watch JJ some evening!

    ReplyDelete