Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hello! Guess who is back?

Man, I can't belive it has been so long since I last wrote anything.  It has been crazy around this house for the last couple of weeks.  Honestly, it has been plain NUTS!  But that is life sometimes and I just need to learn to deal and go on.

Anyway, I finally got back on the scales the other day.  I was a little terrified because the last time I weighed myself, I had gained 2.5 lbs.  I was furious.  However, I had no one to blame but myself.  I have not been eating the best in the last couple of weeks and I have not been drinking my water as I should.  However, I am slowly getting back in to the groove.  So, I was a little scared when I stepped on those scales.  Luckily, I had lost the 2.5 lbs I had gained plus another 1/2 lb.  Therefore, my current weight is 250.5 lbs.  Just .5 lbs from seeing 250 pounds or under.  I have not been this weight in YEARS!!!  I just have to stay focused and remember that I am doing this for a reason!!

Some other good news is that I went and had an MRI on my knee.  I saw the doctor last Thursday and there is not tear.  There is some bad arthritis but I will not need surgery.  He gave me a cortisone shot and it feels wonderful right now.  Sadly, I will have to get another injection in about 3 to 4 months.  Dr. Tai did tell us about another treatment option; however, I am still debating the pros and cons.  It is a gel that he would inject into my knee.  It is three shots over three weeks.  It lasts much, much longer than the cortisone injections and gives more relief.  However, it cost $800-$1000 dollars and we don't know if the insurance would cover the procedure.  I think after the first of the year, I am going to have his office pre-auth the procedure just to see what PEIA would pay.  However, if it will not be covered at least a little bit, I will stick with the cortisone injections.

Sadly I do have some bad news.  I am having to put JJ on a hiatus from the weight loss program until the end of wrestling season.  With the way that practice runs and the hours the gym is open, it make it impossible to get him up there.  Thankfully though I can put him on hiatus and restart him in February.  I told him though that will not release him from his exercises.  He and I will be doing things out home to keep him active.  I will still be active in the program during his hiatus.  I can go to the gym on my way to pick him up from practice and then get him.  I was afraid if we both went on this hiatus that we would not start back again.  But if one of us is still active in the program, then we can pull the other one back in when their time is done.

Now, here it is - The Johnny update!

Johnny is doing very well.  He returned to work on Monday and is doing good.  He is a little tired but I know that is from not being able to do a whole lot while he was off work.  He did give me a really good scare on November 6th though. 

He started having chest pains.  Chest pains severe enough that he was in tears.  I rushed him to the ER afraid that it could be a PE.  Luckily, a PE was ruled out quickly.  However, they kept saying that they though it was his heart.  Now, after they ruled out the PE, I immediately went to the next logical conclusion that it was his gallbladder.  However, nobody wants to listen to me.  So, they end up admitting him over night and decide to do a stress test on the morning of the 7th. 

Believe me people when I say I could write a book on what happened in those two days.  It was enough to drive a sane person crazy.  But the short of all this is this:  His heart is fine.  It was probably his gallbladder though Dr. Rossi believes it may be a little too early for that but not impossible.  Also, we will hold off on further testing until it happens again.  I personally am praying it does not happen again because he scared me to death.  I have never seen him in so much pain.

Through all of this though, Johnny has transitioned back into regular food.  There is still alot of limitations on what he can eat; however, that will be lifelong.  We did find out though he can have beef starting now.  His other dietian told him not for a year, but this one said no, it was fine as long as he chewed thoroughly and it was very tender.

Johnny has also lost a total of 67 pounds as of last week.  I don't think he has weighed himself since last Tuesday.  However, that is 50 pounds since surgery and 17 before surgery.  Pretty good if you ask me.  Again, I am have always been proud of my husband but I am so proud of him and the changes he has made lately.  And again I will say - He is stronger than me!!

Here are some new pics as I leave you. 

Come along for the ride.  The adventure is far from over.....

Again, this is what he looked like 2 days before surgery

This was last night (7 weeks post op) - Look at the difference - WOW
This is the uniform shirt that he was wearing exactly 2 days before surgery.
Thankfully, he had the next size down in the closet!  He is swimming in it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment