Wednesday, February 8, 2012

36 pounds and counting

I am proud to report that I have lost 36 pounds since August 21st!  It definitely has not been easy.  It actually has been down right awful at times.  But I have tried to stick with it the best I can and just pick myself up when I slide.  Just like this....

Sadly, the month of January was not a good month.  I only went and worked out one time and I did not workout at home.  However, I decided that I was not going to give up everything I had worked so hard for as of yet.  So, this morning I did a mile on the treadmill and then headed to the gym after work.  Yeah, I was only at the gym for twenty minutes (gym closes at 6 and I did not get there until 5:25), but at least I went today.  I could have easily said "oh it is too late" or "they will be closing soon and it is not worth it".  But I went and I have felt great since. 

Also, I have changed my eating habits around again.  I had lost the edge on the low carb thing.  However, I am starting to pick it back up.  Okay, so I had pizza and birthday cake today for lunch, but I did work out twice :)  I am trying to eat a healthy breakfast every morning and taking something lite for lunch.  Since it is just JJ and I for dinner (six nights a week/every other week), I have been cooking more at home instead of getting take out.  Yes, it is hard to cook for two but I am working on it!  Also, as for the low carb - no, I am again not going real low, low carb.  I am trying to average around 40-50 carbs a day.  For a person that ate way more that 200 carbs or more a day, that is pretty awesome!

So, here is to 36 pounds I am no longer carrying around!  And here is to the next 36 pounds I hope will be lost before this coming August!

Have a blessed evening everyone!

Here are the cool resistance bands set my sister-in-law Misti gave me for Christmas.  I have decided that every other day is going to be resistance band days!
My new favorite go to snack - SoyJoy bars.  With 13g carbs, they are a good little snack without wrecking my carb count.  Plus, I can just throw them in my purse for easy carrying.
I love these Pure Protein bars!  Most mornings this is my breakfast.  With 20g protein, I am full until lunch time.  Especially great to grab and eat in the car if I am running late for work.  Beats driving through McDonald's.

No comments:

Post a Comment