Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Oh My - Can't believe it has been over a month

Oh My, it was February 8th when I last posted.  YIKES!!!  Where has the time went!!  Life has been so crazy around here.  So, here is a catch-up post to get everyone up to speed!

Great news on the Johnny front!  He has lost almost 140 to 150 pounds.  I just can't believe he has lost so much!!  He looks totally different and feels much better.  Dr. Rossi told him, at his last appointment, that he will have about 6-7 months of just losing weight and then it will hitting the gym, etc to lose more.  Words can not express how proud I am of him!  However, I have always been proud of him no matter what.  I will try and get pics of him tomorrow and post them. 

Now for me.  Praise be to the Lord, the ultimate physician, the area they found in my breast turned out to be nothing!  When they did the compression mammogram, the area went away.  Honestly though, when I first went into the room and the technician shoed me the area, I almost passed out.  It was a pretty big area.  However, I just kept praying throughout the entire procedure and prayers were definitely answered.  So, I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone that said a prayer for me during that time.  I truly appreciate them all!  All of your kind words really made the waiting/worrying less stressful.  Again, thank you very much!

Well, I would like to say I have been turning the workout world on its ear, but sadly I can not.  Truthfully, I have not worked out for about 2 1/2 weeks now.  It is a combination of alot of things.  However, the biggest thing is I just have not felt like it.  I have been extremely tired and my feet have killed me.  However, I know if I start working out again, that my energy level will rise and then I will want to workout more. 

Also, I rejoined Weigth Watchers tonight.  Yes, you read that correct - rejoined.  This is my fifth time trying Weight Watchers.  I am hopeful that this time I will last longer than 4 weeks.  I believe the biggest difference for this time will be the fact I am doing it with someone.  I am telling you, working out and going to things like Weight Watchers is MUCH easier when you are doing it with someone else.  And since, I joined tonight, of course I had to weigh in.  So, my current weight is 243.8.  Not to bad.  Though I have gained three pounds but those are going to be gone REALLY SOON!!!

Finally, speaking about people who have been helping lately in my journey.  I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to the following people: Cathy Appleton, Melissa Appleton and Melinda Swagger!  You guys rock and I am very pleased to have you behind me pushing!!  Cathy and Melissa have become my workout buddies and Weight Watchers partners.  Melinda is always there to give me motivation and lend a ear when I want to complain about this journey.  You three are very much appreciated even if I don't say it enough!

Have a great night everyone!  I promise it will not be so long for the next post -- LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment