Monday, September 24, 2012

A Little Family Time

Want to know something?
Every once in a while, you just need to get away!  And that is exactly
what the Johnson clan did this past Saturday.

Every year in September, the National Hunting and Fishing Show is
held at the Stonewall Jackson Resort.
We have been wanting to attend since JJ was little.  However, between everyone's
schedules, this is the first year we were able to attend.

Now, I will admit that the only realy reason I go to these things is for the cooking stuff.
My one favorite vendor (that is usually at the local Hunting and Fishing Show) was
actually there!  I love, LOVE his spices!  They are absolutely the best.
And since he was not at the local show this year, I got super excited to see him at this one!
His name is Kenny Henline and you can check out his website here!
I am telling you, his spices bet McCormick's or any other name brand spices hands down!

Anyway, the guys had a blast.  And secretly, mom did too!
It was just nice to get away from Charleston for awhile.  To just be able to
spend some quality time together was even better.
It seems like we have been running in circles
for the past two months (thus the reason there hasn't been that many blog posts).
So, to have a day where it was just the three of us was GREAT!!

Here are some pics I snapped during our outting!


Top pic - JJ petting a black snake (BIG SHUDDER)
Bottom pic - Me wearing JJ's sticker because I actually touched the snake too!
EVEN BIGGER SHUDDER.  For of those of you who do not know,
the only good kinda of snake is a dead snake in my opinion!  UGH!
Johnny and JJ were proud of me though!  LOL!!


Enjoying the day together



Some different exhibits

Look at that beautiful sky!


JJ got to do a little shooting.  10 out of 10 hitting the targets! WOO HOO!

After finishing up at Stonewall, we headed back home.  Johnny surprised me and we stopped
at the Flatwood Factory Outlets.  I finally got to go to the "Everything Fiesta Store."  YEA!!
Found a perfect Christmas present in case anyone needs any ideas!

It is a Fiesta deviled egg plate!  Love it!!

However, I was a little sad that we could not stop at one of my favorite places to eat
while in Flatwoods.  The "Truck Stop 67" has been completely demolished.
That truckstop had been there before anything else.  They are building a Pilot station
there now.  Kinda of depression.  However, I did see this sign as we were leaving.


So, there is our little family time! 
Hope everyone gets to have some family time with their families as well.
Have a great day everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment