Friday, September 28, 2012

Pictures Found On Old Cameras

Scratching your head yet?  Wondering what in the world I am talking about here? 
Well, several weeks ago, we found three disposable cameras in this
box of stuff we had just stuck in the closet.

Now, I figured that two were from the DC trip JJ's 5th grade class
took several years ago.  However, I had no clue about the 3rd camera
found.  I knew it was JJ's but I could not figure out from what trip or such
this camera came from.

So, I went down to my local Wal-Mart and dropped them off for processing.
Let me just say, digital photography has got me spoiled.  When I looked to see
how long it would take to get the pictures back, I was floored.  SIX DAYS!!
Come on now, that is crazy.  However, I remember bugging my mom everyday when
she would go to the post office to see if my pictures had came back when I was
younger.  I could not wait to get those pictures back after sending them to York.
(I am really showing my age here.  I don't even know if York still exists.)

Anyway, I went and picked up the pictures last week.
Mom gets an "A" for being right about 2 of the 3 cameras.
They were from the trip to DC.  Though some of the pictures were blurry (hey, he
was in 5th grade), some turned out pretty good.
Here are a few examples:


Not to shabby if I do say so myself.  He is a regular chip off the old block -- LOL!!

Are you wondering what was on the 3rd camera?
Well, it turns out it was a camera our friends Tony and Greta had given JJ when
we went up to see the "Hatfields and McCoys."  Tony knew JJ liked cameras and
brought him one. 

Now, the only reason I could figure it out that it came from that trip is because there
was one picture of the stage. 
 The rest of pictures, well let us just say they were interesting.
Now don't worry - they were not bad pictures of anything. 
One of me sleeping (yeah, you are not going to see that one). 
A couple of his nana and papaw.  One of our previous dog Prissy.
Then you get this one:
A very cute self portrait that I will cherish forever.

However, then you get this:
Yes, ladies and gentleman, marbles.
And not just one picture of marbles. 
There were EIGHTEEN different pictures of marbles.
Yes, you read that correct, 18!!
I spent $10 and some change to develop pictures of mostly marbles!  GEESH!!
Maybe this is how a lot of famous photographers start out -- LOL!!

Have a great day everyone!!


1 comment:

  1. Loved the story :-) Such a cute pic of
    JJ when he was little. In a way the disposable cameras were better I think...you took the pic and that was what you got..often embarrassing, but funny photos were the result!! Now you find yourself retaking and repositioning 10 times before you get that "perfect" pic lol it takes 10 minutes to take 1 photo!!

    ReplyDelete