Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Showing Respect

On August 28, 2012, two WV State Troopers were shot and killed in the line of duty in Clay County, WV.  Sadly, Cpl. Marshall Bailey lost his life at the scene and Trooper Eric Workman lost his life on August 31, 2012. 

The out pouring of respect and gratitude for these two heroes was amazing.  Both of their funerals were attending by law enforcement throughout the United States including some LEOs from Alaska. 

On our way back home Saturday, Johnny, JJ and I stopped and paid our respects to these two wonderful individuals.  Though we did not know them personally, I could not help breaking down and crying for these two fallen heroes.  I still pray for their families and hope they realize Cpl. Bailey and Trooper Workman will not be forgetten.

Since my husband is a Paramedic and we have many family/friends in the law enforcement/emergency field, when something like this occurs it hits close to home.  So, I urge each and everyone of you to take time out of your day and just say THANK YOU to these individuals.  Because they put their lives on the line everyday to protect us.

To all my family and friends in law enforcement, EMS, and fire, I will continue to pray for each of you everyday.  I am thankful to know such a wonderful group of individuals.  May God Bless each and every one of you and your families everyday.  I love you all!!

Here are some pictures of the memorials placed around where Cpl. Bailey and Trooper Workman were killed.  Rest In Peace!













No comments:

Post a Comment