Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Bowling, it is in our blood

Sometimes, I feel like I was raised in a bowling alley.
No, not really. However, I did spend a LOT of time
in bowling alleys when I was growing up. I swear at
one time, I could name you every bowling alley in the state.

My parents are avid bowlers. Heck, they meet in a bowling alley.
Thus, bowling is definitely in my blood. And that gene definitely
carried over to my son. I mean come on, the child had a bowling ball
before he was even born. All of mom and dads grandchildren
had bowling balls before they were born. 

JJ has been bowling since was 4 years old. That is when
he started in his very first league. He was so cute trying to
throw that ball down the lanes.

JJ bowled consistently until he hit middle school.
Sadly, he then found wrestling. Well, maybe I shouldn't
say sadly. Johnny and I have always been those parents
that if JJ wants to try a sport, then we let him. However,
the rule is in our house that if you start, you must finish the
season. Another rule is no more than one sport at a time.
Believe this rule was born out of necessity after a very long fall
of middle school football and fall baseball. YIKES!! So, while
he was wrestling, JJ gave up bowling for a while.

Happily, JJ has found his way back to bowling after 4 years.
This was helped in part by the same people who got him
into the sport to begin with, my parents. My parents signed
JJ back up for a league this winter and I could not be happier.
He has fell back in love with a sport he has loved since he was little.
Plus, it is a sport I actually know something about!

Since coming back, JJ has done a lot.
He has bowled his first 200 game.

He participated in his first tournament with his
grandpa. They had a blast together. Then to top it
all off, they came in 2nd in JJ's age bracket.

Now, JJ is volunteering his weekends to keep
score for the state tournament that is happening
at our bowling alley. I love that he is meeting a ton
of new people and enjoying the sport.


Just a side note, I know some would not count
bowling as a sport. However, I definitely feel it is a sport.
Heck, it is even in the Olympics. Plus, go throw a 12 to 16 pound
bowling ball for three games. You will then call it a sport too!

Have a blessed day everyone!

Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment