Thursday, September 29, 2011

We are HOME!!

There is nothing like home sweet home!  After several tears, a couple of sleepless nights, many trips around the halls of the hospital, and almost getting into a fight with the recovery room nurse, we are HOME!

Thanks to the many prayers that went up for Johnny, his doing wonderfully.  He is adjusting very well to his new lifestyle.  On the way home, we stopped by the grocery store to pick up some items for him.  I never thought, that with my son being 13, I would ever have to buy baby food again.  Well, I guessed wrong.  And let me just say people, it does not look any better than it did when my son was little.  I could not IMAGINE having to eat that stuff again.  Also, I am on the hunt for sippy cups for Johnny to use at home.  Dang, I knew I should have kept JJ's old ones -- LOL!!  However, if he needs them, I will find them!

As far as me, well I have come to find out that I am definitely a stress drinker.  Now, I don't mean alcohol because I gave that up for Johnny since he is not allowed to drink any type of alcohol for at least a year.  What I am talking about is POP (you say soda, I say pop - either way it is GOOD)!!!  I really did not eat that much.  I actually had to MAKE myself eat.  But I craved the pop and that is not a good thing.  However, I am proud to say that I have had nothing but water since 9 am the morning, so I am trying to get out of my system again.  You may want to run and hide now because it could be a bumpy ride!

Again, to everyone who has been reading this crazy thing I call a blog and sent up a prayer for my hubby -- Thank You!!  I appreciate it very much.  And now I am off to awake sleeping beauty (aka Johnny) to get him to drink something.

Come along for the ride!  The adventure is now in full swing....

No comments:

Post a Comment