Saturday, October 1, 2011

Eating and everything that goes with it

As I was sitting here trying to think of a snappy title for this entry, I drew a complete blank.  So, sadly you received that cheesy title -- LOL!!  Actually, this post is about food and the difference Johnny and I are going through right now.

First, I have to say I am still so PROUD of Johnny.  He is doing very well with eating (the 2oz he can) and has not been sick.  However, what is worrying me is he is STILL in a lot of pain in his back.  And today, I noticed a very deep bruise where he is stating all the pain is located.  I don't know if something in the hospital made a bruise or what.  I guess I will just keep an eye on it for now.

Now, when I say he can have 2oz of food, I am not kidding.  Never did I think I would have to buy baby food again, but guess what...

 However, those containers are awesome to help me measure out other things for him.  I never thought I would say these words, but I pureed cottage cheese yesterday.  Yes, I said pureed cottage cheese.  Ever wondered what something like that would like?  Well here you go.....
 
 Honestly to me it looks like the paste we use to have in elementary school.  Remember the kids that would eat that stuff?  Maybe the reason they ate paste is because their mom made them pureed cottage cheese -- LOL!!  Johnny stated it tasted pretty good.  He said it needed salt though.  So sorry charlie - no salt for you for awhile.  I feel like the soup nazi from Seinfield when I have to say "No salt for you."

So, how does it make me feel when my sweet, loveable husband is having to eat that stuff and I am getting to eat this?
 
 Not very good!!  I hate eating in front of him right now.  I feel so bad when he eats the above and I am eating this stuff.  Now, I know it is healthy and everything.  But wouldn't you want to have that grilled chicken salad than pureed cottage cheese?  UGH!!  And every time I say something about eating in a different room or something, he gets upset.  I don't want to upset him, I just am trying to be respectful!

However, through all of this, I can not say I have been eating perfect.  I would HATE to think what my carbs have been lately.  Especially since this is what I ate for lunch today.
 
 Not good, I know!  But I was craving it.  Oh well, cravings are going to have to be squelished.  I need to start doing better again since we are back home.  Until next time...

Come along for the ride.  What an adventure it is right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment