Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wonderful events shared together

JJ and I have shared many wonderful events over the past 14 years.  From his birth, first steps, first day of school, first dance, etc.  However, when I get to share events like what happened Sunday with my son, it makes it even better.

Sunday (6-10-12), JJ and I became members Kanawha Salines Presbyterian.  We have been attending services there for two years now.  I had been wanting us to join for awhile, but I wanted to make sure it was the right time.  So after some talking with JJ, some talking with Cathy Appleton (our Pastor's wife and a very special person I am lucky enough to call friend) and a lot of prayer, I spoke to our Pastor and set the wheels in motion.  After being approved by our church's session three weeks ago, JJ and I made our commitments in front of the church Sunday morning.

As we were standing there Sunday, I thought back to another special event JJ and I shared together - our baptism.  What a better thing to share with your child than being baptized together?   Though I had went to church on and off while growing up and being saved when I was younger, I had never been baptized.  So, on July 11, 2004, JJ and I shared this wonderful event together.





It has been wonderful to share in all these special events in my son's life.  I am very proud of the wonderful young man my son has become and am very thrilled to watch his continuous growth in the Lord.  We have come along way from that little boy of about 5, looking up from his car seat in the back seat and saying "Mommy, God wants me in church."  Now, who can argue with that?  Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment