Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Grandpa Daniel

Yesterday, as I was with a patient, we began talking about coffee.  As we were talking, she told me that her grandmother had started her drinking coffee when she was still in a high chair.  When she mentioned this, it got me thinking about my Grandpa Tom Daniel. 
I can remember many mornings, sitting with him in the kitchen drinking "coffee."  I say "coffee" because I think it was probably more milk and sugar than coffee.  However, I will never forget those mornings. 

Grandpa never meet a stranger.  I never really ever saw him get angry.  I loved the summertime when we would see him uptown because usually Stacey and I got to go home with him.  We were definitely "his girls." 

Please don't get me wrong, I miss all my grandparents more than words can say.  I have very special memories of them all.  However, since Little Grandpa passed away when I was in 5th grade, the memories of him stick out a little more from time to time.

So, here is to you Little Grandpa.  Thank you for all the memories, especially those morning coffee dates.  I love and miss you!


No comments:

Post a Comment