Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Maybe the scales are my friend

Well, probably not.  However, I really liked the scales yesterday.  I decided to weigh myself since it has been over a month since JJ and I started the low carb adventure.  Since August 22, I have lost 17 pounds!!  WOO HOO!!  I was shocked but loving it at the same time.  Yesterday was definitely a happy, happy day! 

Like I have said before, I hate scales.  I think they actually jinx me.  However, I have decided if I weigh myself once a month, that that should give me accurate measurements. 

I also acquired something else to assist in my weight loss efforts:
Yep, I got a treadmill!!  I know this going to sound crazy, but I love working out on a treadmill.  I feel so much better after I workout.  I just now have to make myself get up in the morning and do it!

Also, JJ and I will be starting our medical weight loss program on the 17th of this month.  I am excited in some ways but I am leary in others.  I know the dietian is going to say we can add back the bread, pasta, rice, etc in moderation.  However, we are doing so well without those foods that I don't want to put that temptation back in front of either one of us.  I hope the dietian can respect my wishes concerning this matter.  Any one know if there are guidelines about this?

Lastly, for those who might be wondering, Johnny is doing very well.  We returned to the doctor today for his one week follow up.  His JP drain was removed (Thank you for answered prayers).  And he has lost 10 pounds thus far (since surgery I should say).  Pretty amazing if you ask me.  I am so proud of him!  He has one more week of full liquids and then it is on to soft/puree diet.  And guess what comes with that phase?  Baby food meats!  Poor man.

With his permission, I am going to post some pictures of Johnny as he has started this journey.  I can see a change already.  Again, I am just so proud of him!!!

September 18 - The night when he started his liquid diet.

September 27 - Morning of his surgery

October 4 - One week post surgery (check out the beard -- doesn't it look so cute?)

Come along for the ride.  The adventure is shaping up great right now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment