Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Oh, for the love of books!

Finally, I have had the chance to sit
down and read a couple of books
I have been wanting to read.

It has felt so good to just to get lost
in a good book again!  I actually have
read two books in the past week.
That has not HAPPENED in a long time.

Now, I know I stated in an earlier post that 
I was going to start speaking about books
on Sunday evenings.  However, since we
were so busy this weekend, I did not get a 
chance to write.  So, I decided to play catch 
up tonight!

First book up:

I have been wanting to read this since it came
out last year.  My family and I love
"Duck Dynasty" and I wanted to read the
book to get a better insight into the family.

The book is written by Willie (Phil's and Kay's
3rd eldest son) and his wife Korie.  
Besides some great recipes that I want to try,
the book gives you the back story of the family.
It tells the story of how the family got to where
they are today and how faith plays into everything
they do in their lives.  

I really enjoyed this book.  I wish it had told
a little more about the other family members.
They don't even mention Si until almost the end 
which kinda bummed me out.  
However, I would highly recommend this book
to anyone even if they don't watch the show!

Second book up:

Oh My!!  This book definitely
lives up to its title!  And this
is not your momma's old romances.

Now, I will tell you right now, 
this book is for MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY!!
There is language and other scenes that young
children should not be reading.  However, if
that stuff does not bother you -- Read The Book!

I have been wanting to read something by Ms. Banks
for a while now. I kept seeing her books at the book
store and kept telling myself I was going to read one.
Well, last Wednesday I purchased "Rush" and I will
be going back to purchase more of her work soon.

The story is about Mia and Gabe.  Gabe has known
Mia for years but never advanced on his feelings
since there is a 14 year age difference between the two.
Gabe also hasn't pursued Mia is because her brother
is his best friend and business partner.
However, after seeing Mia at an event for his company, 
Gabe decides it is time to make his move.
Lucky for Gabe, Mia has had a crush on him
for many years.  So, starts a fantastic read
that sucks in from the very beginning.

Now, I read some reviews about this book before 
reading it for myself.  Many stated it was very
similar to the "Fifty Shades" series and the 
"CrossFire" series.  And I will agree, I can see
why they would say this.  However, I honestly
think I enjoyed "Rush" more than "Fifty Shades".
I can't say it beats the "CrossFire" series but
I would put them in a tie.

Again, I would recommend if you do not mind
mature content and the language associated with
these books.  Like I said before, I will be getting
more of her works soon!

New book of the week:

I am going to start this one tonight.
I really want to see the movie.
However, I told myself that I would not
watch until I have read the book.
The reviews look good and I am 
excited to start reading.

Hope you all have a wonderful rest of you evening!
Love to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment