Friday, September 13, 2013

Braces...Again

If you did not know, I am a dental hygienist.  Needless to say, I am a little obsessed with teeth.  That is especially true for my own teeth.  

I have been in braces a couple of times.  The first time was when I was 25.  I had pretty much decided I never was going to afford them, so I just wrote braces off.  Then one day, the dentist I worked for told me I had an appointment with the orthodontist.  So began my first 18 months in braces.  

Spring forward 10 years.  All of a sudden, my teeth start doing crazy things.  My bottom teeth started separating for some unknown reason.  So began 6 months back in bottom braces.

Now spring forward until about 5 months ago.  One day I noticed that my teeth did look exactly right.  "Oh no," is the first thing that went through my head.  I really started to freak out and it turns out for good reason.  This time the teeth are tipping out forward for NO REASON again!  "What the heck??"  

We tried a retainer; however, to no avail.  So, guess what ladies and gentleman?  That is right!  Braces here we come again!!  GEESH!!  

Now, I had psyched myself up for the bottom braces again.  I honestly thought that would be it since the bottom teeth were the ones "jacked up" again.  However, I was in for a HUGE surprise Tuesday.  After doing an another exam, full braces were placed for the 2nd time!

Now, I can't blame my orthodontist at all for this craziness.  The dentists have been wonderful.  They are just as confused, like me, as to WHY this is happening!  

I don't know yet how long I will be in braces this time.  I just hope that whatever is going with my rogue teeth, stops!  Because I can honestly say, there will NOT be a fourth set!!

Hope you all have a great night!  Love to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment