Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Music, Beautiful Music

I have to say, who ever chose the music for this past Sunday's church service did an AMAZING job!!  Don't get me wrong, I love pretty much all the music we sing in our services.  There are a few songs though, I cringe at when I see in the bulletin on Sunday morning.  Not because I don't like the song.  Just because I know I can not sing them that well.  Oh well!!  All I can say is enjoy the "joyful noise!"  But I transgress!

This past Sunday, I loved them all!  They all were ones everyone knows.  The best part was looking out from the choir loft, while we were singing our selection, and seeing JJ singing right along!  I did not even know he knew the words.  That was a truly wonderful feeling.

So, are you curious what songs got me so excited?  Well, I am going to share them with ya!

First - "How Great Thou Art"


I found this one by Alan Jackson.  I will admit, even listening to it this morning, I teared up.  I teared up Sunday singing it also.  It is just a wonderful song!

Second - "In The Garden"


Another favorite of mine and again sung by one of my favorite country singers.  Sidenote - I don't think there is anything Alan Jackson can not sing.  And I personally love when he sings gospel music.  His voice is amazing!

Third - "Have A Little Talk With Jesus"


This was our choir selection for this week.  I got very excited when I found out this is what we were going to be singing.  However, the greatest joy came from watching my son sing every word from that choir loft.  It made my heart sing!

Fourth - "Amazing Grace"


So many memories with this song!  Probably, I dare say, my favorite hymn!

And finally - "I Am Resolved"


This is the best version I found of this song.  I don't know the gentleman singing but he has a nice voice. 

Now do you see why I say there was some great music Sunday morning at Kanawha Salines Presbyterian??  I can't wait to see what this Sunday has in store!

Have a great day everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment