Saturday, July 27, 2013

Get Ready World!

Yes, get ready world!  I am on a mission!

Now, I know I have wrote about my weight 
issues several times over the past year and a half.
However, now is the time for change and I am
not backing down!!

Monday, July 22, 2013 started my new journey
and so far, I haven't done to shabby.
I have had NO soda since Sunday.
I have had NO bread since last week.
I have NOT had any sweets (ie cake, cookies) since last week.

Has it been hard?  ABSOLUTELY!
Is it worth it?  ABSOLUTELY!
Do I know it is going to be a daily struggle?  ABSOLUTELY!
However, I also want to start feeling better about myself again.
I am tired of having negative body image issues.

Now, I also am a realist in several facts.
#1.  I am never going to be 120 pounds again.
Yes, it would be wonderful but I doubt that
will ever happen again.

#2.  I know I am going to be tempted everyday.
However, I am praying everyday and just
relying on my faith to get through those
temptations!

#3.  I will want to cheat.  Hey, I am only human!
So to get through this, I have devised this plan.
One day each week, for dinner ONLY, I will 
allow myself to have one cheat meal.
Last night was that night for this week.  Let me
just say that MARGARITA was the best
one I have ever had along with a wonderful
burrito.  I can tell though I am eating
a little less because I could not finish the
burrito as I would have previously.

#4.  I know that I can not do this alone.
Thankfully, I have had a wonderful offer from
a wonderful woman to help me.  I have prayed about
her offer and I am taking the first step this coming week.
She is a Professional Health Coach and Fitness Instructor.
I can't wait to begin working with her.

#5.  Finally, tracking my progress through
My Fitness Pal, keeps me honest.
Having to journal everything that enters
my mouth is eye opening.  But I am going to
be honest and enter it all everyday.

So, what is my goal?  Really, I don't 
have a specific weight goal.  I would like to try
and get back to this Sissy from about 16 years ago.


I was around 170 in these pictures.  I know
still overweight by standards; however, I felt
good in standards of health and self image.
(BTW, that is my fabulous sister Stacey with
me in these pics.)

What I don't want is to look in the mirror and see
this anymore.

Yea, I felt pretty in this picture.
However, I don't want to be this weight anymore!

Therefore, get ready world, I am on
a mission!  I hope you will enjoy
the ride with me.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment