Monday, July 15, 2013

Shorter skirts - For Me??

Yesterday, I decided to finally wear a skirt that
my friend Regina had given me.  It is a beautiful
skirt and I love the color.  However, I had been on 
the fence about wearing this skirt because it is
a shorter skirt.

No, I am not talking showing my behind short.
The skirt hits a little above my knee.

Now, being a fuller sized woman, I have 
kind of always went with longer skirts.
Honestly, if it is not ankle length, I don't usually wear it.
Also, being self-conscious about your body image does not help.
However, I finally decided to stray out of my comfort zone and 
go for the shorter skirt!



All in all, I don't think it looked to bad.
Heck, I even did something I hadn't done
all summer.  I painted my toe nails.
The shoes I wore were just so cute,
I thought I needed to paint the piggies!


Plus, the best part of this outfit, it only
cost me $6.00.  WOO HOO!!

Skirt - Given to me from my friend, Regina
Shirt - Given to me from my mother-in-law, Mary Lu
Shoes - Dollar General - $6.00

I will probably try another shorter skirt in the future.
I would like to find a couple of "mullet" skirts to try
and see if I like that style.
I also think I am going to try my hand at
making some skirts.  Quite honestly,
I would love to start making a lot of things
I wear.  However, that is a conversation
for a different post.

Have a great day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment