Saturday, August 24, 2013

Is this week over??

Boy, oh boy!  Has it been crazy around here.  I feel like I have been on a roller coaster that NEVER ends.  I don't feel like I have had a chance to sit down and do something except fall asleep.  Oh, I know.  All mothers have weeks like this one.  I know we all face it at sometime (well more times than not).  However, to see smiles on my family's face makes it all worth it in the end.

So, here is a little recap of this past week.  Sorry, this might be a little long.

Monday was an exciting time.  JJ's Boy Scout troop had their awards dinner.  JJ earned 13 (yep, 13) merit badges and the rank of Star Scout.  He actually has all his requirements for Life Scout; however, he has to be at this rank for 6 months before moving up to Life.  Needless to say, I am one proud momma!


Tuesday was nothing special.  Thankfully my wonderful hubby prepared everything for dinner and I just had to warm it up after going grocery shopping.  

Wednesday, JJ and I spent the entire morning having his foot/leg rechecked.  I had contacted his pediatrician on Tuesday night and she wanted it re-evaluated.  So, mommy had to take the day off from work and JJ had to miss another day of school.  Thankfully, nothing was broken but it still looks AWFUL!!
These were taken Tuesday night.

Thursday - nothing big just cleaned house because I was off work again.  I did make a great Shrimp/Avocado salad for my lunch.  You can find the recipe on my other blog "Busy Cookin' WV Momma."  http://busy-cookin-wv-momma.blogspot.com

Friday started with a doctor appointment for me at that place all women love to go.  Actually, I really like my OB/GYN.  He is very thorough and nice.  All and all, I don't dread it to bad when I have an appointment.

Now what I do dread is where I had to go after my appointment.  It was time (actually way past time) to have the ta-ta's checked.  It is not because it is painful or anything.  It is because I know I am going to be getting a phone call in about a week for a recheck.  Happens every time I have a mammogram.  I guess I should just be thankful that they are THAT thorough.

After leaving all my appointments, the dear hubby and I set out to pick up his and his partner's uniforms.  Oh vey!!  That was an experience.  Three different trips to West Virginia Uniforms were made yesterday.  However, I have to give the store credit, they were very nice and apologetic about the situation.  The man even offered to deliver the uniforms to us so we did not have to make another trip.  They also gave Johnny and his partner really nice knives as I guess a peace offering.  Though we were not expecting anything except the correct order, they made sure our running around was not for not.
 

Hopefully, I will be back on a regular blog schedule starting tomorrow.  

Hope everyone has a happy and blessed Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment